Dochas (Gaelic for 'Hope') – An abuse shelter established in 2059 by Roarke; it offers a safe place for abused women and children. From the outside, it appears to be a "well-maintained, modest, multiresident building" though it includes first-rate security with full-scan cams and privacy screens on all the windows. Also included are: motion pads at every access; alarms; palm plate identification for entrance; keypad code; and/or clearance from inside; and 24 hour security. In Survivor in Death, Dochas was put under Code Red status when Roarke had some concern for the safety of those at the shelter.
- ↑ Visions in Death (ISBN 0-425-20300-X), p. 49
- ↑ Visions in Death (ISBN 0-425-20300-X), pp. 49, 50
- ↑ Survivor in Death (ISBN 0-425-20418-9), p. 132
- ↑ Portrait in Death (ISBN 0-425-18903-1), pp. 94, 99; Visions in Death (ISBN 0-425-20300-X), pp. 50, 78; Survivor in Death (ISBN 0-425-20418-9), p. 132
- ↑ Divided in Death (ISBN 0-425-19795-6), p. 312; Salvation in Death (ISBN 978-0-399-15522-2), p. 75